Från Zickermans värld

torsdag, november 20, 2008

Brrr

It is winter again. Cold and dark mornings, and I kind of wonder where autumn went? I haven´t had any, or at least to few, long walks enjoying the colours, cripsness and fragrance of fall.

But, I do enjoy the cold. I do. I´ve even started to knit socks, although I am no sockknitter. Now and then I forget this and I try, but I almost always fail. Hopelessly. Anyways; I´ve started a striped pair of "Sargents" from "Noro: Family" by Jane Ellison, using two skeins Noro Kureyon Sock - of different colourways. They will be kneehigh, striped socks and I need to finish them soon.. Wearing a skirt today was freezing I tell you...

Noro Socks
The ribbed and striped beginning.

All three of us had some calm and cozy evenings together, Valdar practising his A´s and V´s - he tend to draw the A´s upside down. Otherwise they look great.

Kvällsfika

Kvällsfika

And me, making collages, knitting or just enjoying the cardemomcake B and V made earlier.

Some weeks ago there was a Autumn-celebration at Valdars preschool; a Lanternfestival where there are grilled apples, hot soup outside and then - when it gets dark - the beautifully decorated paperlanterns are lit, songs about light in the dark sung and the children takes the lanterns and the light for a walk.

All of this demanded a lantern. So, I made one and Valdar wanted his to have foxes and dogs, so it had.

Making a lantern

Making a lantern

Test

One thing I really enjoy about this flat is how our diningplace is such a nice and calm workspace. Look at my beautiful cut-work pillow from work...! :-)

At the moment I am dreaming about going to Mali. To visit Hotel Djenne Djenno and take a Bogolan course with Swedish artist Sophie Sarin. Maybe one day I will.

And I have to show you what came in to the shop today. Mrs Hippo! She was part of the result of a campaign for "Save the Children"-Sweden and several swedish designers and was designed by Gunilla Lundberg - who is one of the owners of AfroArt and handstitched at a Fairtrade cooperative in Bangladesh. The Hippo is sold at the AfroArt shops and over at "Save the Children"´s website. Go shop!

Take care!

7 kommentarer:

  1. Vilket mysigt inlägg. Jättekul att läsa om ert pyssel med lanternan mm. Lycka till med sockorna! De de ser mycket fina ut.
    Ha en riktigt härlig helg och njut av kylan som äntligen kommit! Jag har redan köpt glögg och saffran. Har bestämt mej för att gilla julen. Det är ingen idé att streta i mot och reta sig på alla överdrifter. Bara ta vara på det goda. Kram G

    SvaraRadera
  2. Beautiful lantern! Next year I want to go to the lantern festival too! Mh, mind if I swing by some day and have some cardamon cake with you? ;)

    SvaraRadera
  3. ...and foxes!! The lantern reminds me of Eldfest on Rosendahls gardens.

    I passed the Hippo in the window on Hormsgatan today - totally lovely!!

    The socks look great as well!!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Vilken stämning man får ut av din blogg! Hade aldrig tänkt på att sticka högre sockor att använde under kjol, men nu finns idén hos mig också, ska bara hitta garnet, det blir nog något Noro-aktigt.

    SvaraRadera
  5. Anonym8:48 fm

    Myspys! Kakmums! Familjepyssel... Härligt! :)

    SvaraRadera
  6. SÅ mysigt ni har det! Härligt att ha pysslande stunder med barnen.

    SvaraRadera
  7. Ryktet säger att damen fåt ett drömjobb, jättegratts!
    Du har dessutom fått en utmaning
    http://mariasgarnhandelser.blogspot.com/2009/02/utmanad.html
    Kram

    SvaraRadera